Using free trial tools and resources is a great way to work out if something is essential for your online marketing. If your budget is limited you don’t want to spend large amounts on tools that have limited use for you. The more generally useful a tool, the more choice there is. Free trials help you work out which suits you best.
- The information you need isn’t necessarily ongoing. Sometimes the trial period is enough.
- With some limited function free trials upgrading for a month upgrade gives you the information you need.
- If you have to provide payment details, because you are auto upgraded to pro after a trial period, make yourself a reminder to cancel if you’re not interested.
- If you decide against joining but want to review your decision down the track, second trials are usually possible, You may have to use a different email address.
- Use the free trial time to learn how to use the program but don’t spend too much time setting it up unless you’re going to continue with the paid versions.
The amount and variety of premium SEO tools is mind-boggling. They are often expensive Where do you start?
Moz provides a comprehensive set of SEO analytic, research and support tools. Moz Pro includes their 12 tools and resources as shown below. Subscription starts at $99 a month but you can get a 30 day free trial. Moz also provides the free SEO browser toolbar which I discussed in my post Free Tools to Check Competitors Websites
Wordtracker is a popular keyword reseach tool. Prices start from $27 a month but each plan comes with a 7 day trial. To use you enter your keyword or keyword phrase, and Wordtracker will generate a list of recently used related keywords, phrases and combinations. You can dig deeper by clicking on the individual items.
Jaxxy is a tool for finding the best keywords for existing sites and for niche site ideas. The Jaxxy free trial isn’t time limited but only allows a set number of searches with a limited number of results. It’s worth trying to see what Jaxxy is capable of:
- Comprehensive Keyword Research
- Fast Niche Research
- Accurate Competition Metrics
Tip: Even free members have automatic access to the affiliate program.
BuzzStream PR and Social Media
BuzzStream PR and Social Media is a contact and outreach management tool which helps you manage and develop online relationships. There are 3 plans, starting at $29 a month. Each plan comes with a 14 day trial.
- Find and record influencers in your niche.
- Find and manage prospects.
- Store and sort your web contacts and document all of your interaction with them across emails, Facebook messages, Tweets, and even instagram interactions.
- Project and Task Management Tools
- Use yourself or in collaboration with teams.
Sidekick by Hubspot
A Chrome App that tracks and reports on which of your emails are opened and by who. From the app you can follow-up and schedule mail. You can see your contact’s details such as professional history, where they live, mutual contacts, and email history.
A little different from the rest, the basic Sidekick is free but invite others, who get a free month of pro, and for each person who accepts get a free month of pro yourself.
Sprout Social offers a suite of social media research, tracking and management tools with collaborative options. Pricing is from $59 per user per month. All plans include a 30 day free trial.
- Bring all your messages from all your profiles into a single, filterable stream.
- Set up keywords related to your brand and have results delivered right to the Smart Inbox
- View full Twitter conversation histories, customize contact records and share notes across your team to build a more complete customer profile.
- Draft, schedule, queue and post messages to Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn. Shorten links, attach photos and target specific audiences.
- Track & Measure Your Social Performance
- Manage your social presence as a team
Buzzstream for Link Building
Buzzstream for Link Building offers similar resources to the PR and Social Media tool but is aimed at automating and researching and managing link prospects and conducting campaigns. Again there are 3 plans, starting at $29 a month each with a 14 day trial.
22 Social is a Facebook Page promotional tool. Embed and protect Images, Videos, Podcasts, Hangouts, Contests, Coupons … inside your Fan Page. Here is a page I created: Free Report Reveals… The 6 Dirt Cheap Tools ‘Smart’ Network Marketers Are Using To Generate 30 to 50 Leads-a-Day From Facebook
You may be familiar with Hubspot because of their excellent and high-profile free articles and downloads. Check out the Hubspot Library. You need to fill in a form to download but I haven’t received other emails after the download link email.
Members receive an all in one marketing platform with:
- SEO, social media, and blogging tools
- Lead Generation – landing pages, calls-to-action, and form building tools
- Email, marketing automation, and lead intelligence tools
- CRM (Customer Relations Manager)
Membership doesn’t come cheap with their plans starting at $230 a month which is why their 30 day free trial is valuable. No credit card details are asked for.
I’m quoting exactly here as I like the description: “Stash cloaks your data in an impenetrable veil of the most advanced security technologies available. Nuclear launch code safe. Can’t get any safer safe”. In plain terms you upload important documents and data to Stash and it’s kept secure. Individual data can be shared with people you choose or keep it completely private.
All the following autoresponders have a good reputation and which you choose is a matter of preference. For example, you might like the subscription forms better on one than another The free trials are an excellent way to look at features and to learn how to set up campaigns. However don’t build your lists at this stage in case you change provider and lose your subscribers. It’s usually not possible to import them into another autoresponder service.
- Get Response 30 Day Free Trial with plans starting at $15 a month (or $12.30 a month annually). Their optional, hosted or host on your own domain, landing page creator costs $15 a month. This is the service I use.
- AWeber 30 Day Free Trial. Plans start from $19 for up to 500 subscribers
- Mail Chimp offers a free plan rather than a free trial. Your subscriber list is limited to 2,000 and you can send up to 12,000 emails a month for free. The paying plans start from $10 a month.
Get Response and AWeber offer affiliate programs. Mail Chimp email credits called “Monkey Rewards” when you sign someone up.
Wealthy Affiliate is an online community and training site in one dedicated to help people build a successful online business.
- Live Weekly Training Classes
- Question and Answer Periods
- Organized Classrooms on specific topics
- Interactive Discussions
- Video Training, Tutorial Training
- Task Based Courses
Tools and Resources
Keyword & Competition Research Tool
A simple WordPress site builder with access to over 2,400 themes and plugins
Keyword & Competition Research Tool and Low Competition Keyword Lists.
Cloud Hosting for Premium Members or host on your own domain.
- Live, 24/7/365 Chat and interactive discussions
- Live Question & Answer sessions.
- Private access to community experts.
The free starter membership gives you instant access to the Wealthy Affiliate community, more than 500 training modules, 3 classrooms, full networking and commenting, 2 free websites, and access to the keyword tool and more.
IMSC (Internet Marketing Success Center)
I wish I’d joined this earlier to save me wasted and unprofitable time. IMSC offers extensive training, tools and resources for online marketing. The free trial gives you access to the basics and a look at all the other sections available to upgraded members. A full free trial isn’t possible with this as all the video and audio training and the free downloadable tools and plugins.
Tip: once your free trial is over, join for a month and download all you can in that time. I remain a member because of ongoing training and the online tools. You can sign up for your trial Kickstarter account here. This is not an affiliate program.
If you are still with me after this long post please comment and let me know if you know of other useful free trials.
Latest posts by Sue Bride (see all)
- Yoast SEO Social Media Images - May 27, 2016
- Save Time with Desygner Image Editing App - May 15, 2016
- Divi Extra – My New Theme - April 15, 2016
- Are You Having Trouble Deciding On A New WordPress Theme? - April 6, 2016
- Cornerstone Content – Super Visible Archives - March 14, 2016