Do you hear what I hear? It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas and Santa Claus is coming to town. As it’s the "most wonderful time of the year" let’s spread some blogging cheer and, whatever your beliefs, remember the season’s message of goodwill to all men and the spirit of giving.
The reality is that Christmas time can be stressful, lonely and sad for many people so I am laying down a yuletide challenge to you – help make it a wonderful time of year for fellow bloggers and blog readers.
Let’s show our appreciation for those who have provided us with good reads, those who have helped us on our blogging paths, those who take the time to comment and those who have become virtual friends. Even if we do not know a blogger we can make this a time to reach out to them, established bloggers and newcomers alike. We can also show our gratitude to the non-bloggers we know who visit us. Let us spread tidings of comfort and joy in whatever way we are able.
Until Christmas I am going to show my own appreciation for those who join in with this challenge by spreading some link love. I will be posting about your ideas and recognizing those who take part. You could say that I am "making a list, and checking it twice; gonna find out who’s naughty and nice.". I am creating a special blog section for my ‘nice list’ and Christmas topics.
We can help foster the spirit of Christmas in our blogs by adding seasonal design elements. I will also be sharing some tools and resources that you can use if you want to deck your blogs "with boughs of holly" or just want to get yourself or your blog into the spirit of Christmas
The first part of my challenge is:
- Go tell it on the mountain – Pass on details of this challenge to others in whatever way you prefer – a blog post, a tweet, send to friends on Stumbleupon, by email, by posting about it on different sites … Let me know that you are taking part by leaving a comment here and/or subscribing to my updates via RSS or email.
- Let us know your ideas for fostering the spirit of Christmas and spreading Christmas wishes to your blog readers.
Those who do this will be on the top of my Christmas list.
Don’t forget to have yourself a merry little Christmas.
Latest posts by Sue Bride (see all)
- How to Improve Your WordPress Page Speed Score - September 25, 2015
- A Round-Up Post About Roundup Posts - August 30, 2015
- Tips for Using the Best Images for Blogs and Social Media - August 25, 2015
- Edit Social Media Images - August 18, 2015
- 31 Days of Free Square Images For Facebook & Instagram - August 8, 2015