With the holiday season upon us and many travelling for holidays or to see family, (longer holidays in the Southern Hemisphere of course), internet access is not always available. I enjoy such a forced break from the net to catch up on some reading, including some of the downloaded ebooks I have not had chance to look at. Here are a few of the more worthwhile free ebooks and reports I have come across relating to blogging.
Yaro Starak’s Blog Profits Blueprint is a 50+ page report particularly useful for beginner to intermediate level bloggers wanting to monetize their blogs
Caroline Middlebrook is offering the 49 lessons of her “The Bloggers Bible” for free by email instalment – if you do not want to wait for the emails you can purchase the book for download. Her How to Develop Money-Making Niche Sites with WordPress ebook is available for free download as is her Traffic Rush Home Study Course, teaching how to start driving a rush of StumbleUpon traffic to your website.
From Alex Sysoef comes Profitable Blogging For Newbies.
Jake Humphrey’s Authority Black Book 2.0, 2009 version to teach you “Social Marketing Tactics That Generate Traffic Instantly”
Marketing guru Seth Godin has a treasure chest of ebooks on offer, available via his Squidoo ebook page. These include, until Dec 30th, The Bootstrappers Bible.
Mashable comes up trumps once again with the following resources (:including some that I have already mentioned)
The March 2008 edition of Bloghology provides some insights into how other bloggers have succeeded, although the site was temporarily down when I visited..
Rapidshare – downloads of all sorts of resources including blogging. Rapidshare itself is not searchable but you can use the RapidShare search engine to find what you want. I will not mention ebooks I found that were on torrent sites. Whatever your views are on downloading TV shows and movies, you will likely agree with me that if a blogger is trying to make a few bucks by writing and selling an ebook then we should buy it and not illegally download it. I am not certain if Rapidshare contains such ebooks but it might.
If you are interested in purchasing books:
- ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett, which is always sold out in bookshops I have visited, but it is available on Amazon UK as a hardcopy (not in stock at Amazon US at present) and, for Aussies, Dymocks online in hardcopy and via download. Review by Freelance Switch. Darren says, in a comment to one of his posts, that the book is now available in some libraries too.
- The newly released The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging Amazon
- Do a search for blogging on Amazon and you will find many more including the Dummies range on Blogging and Wordress.
PS Have you noticed a recent increase of popup forms on blogs offering free resources – ebook downloads, newsletters or I have maybe been visiting sites that I would not normally go to? These are appearing as you first enter the site and require your email address and sometimes to sign up for newsletters or email feeds. I find the popups intrusive although I do not object to having to sign up for a newsletter to download something that is being given away free, this seems a fair deal. You will find a few of these popups on some of the sites referred to above!
Please let me know if you have read other good ebooks on blogging related matters.
If you need a break from blogging totally try the following sources for free fiction or hobby ebooks – Project Gutenberg and Scribd Literature for downloads, the getfreebooks blog for information on where to find books or do a search via the pdf geni search engine.
Latest posts by Sue Bride (see all)
- Follow Buttons Free Download - August 5, 2014
- Facebook Image Sizes Timeline Newsfeed - July 22, 2014
- Brand Your Head – It’s Quite Painless - July 8, 2014
- What are Hashtag Chats – How to Join or Run One - June 27, 2014
- Buy Team Site Traffic with Discount, Cashback and Bonuses - June 6, 2014